Beware, this one is a monster.
I used to have a round up series on this blog awhile ago and with growth of my businesses I had less time to devote to it so the round ups stopped.
However, there is so much useful information on blog creation, marketing your blog, social media marketing, writing, making money online and so on, that I simply had to re-promote all that content and that is what this page is about.
Links below are the posts you simply should not miss if you are starting your online ventures or you are deep in them already. I organized them the best I could into categories. Note, that every post has been checked to make sure they information still applies!
Please, share with your friends and followers if you find this list useful!
Social Media How Tos
- 15 ways to use Twitter to beat competition – When a guy that wrote “The Tao of Twitter” writes a post about Twitter, I listen.
- Displaying social proof - One of the top things that helps increase a visitor’s confidence in your website, particularly if it is a blog, is evidence of social proof.
- Top 10 Twitter tools suggested by the pros – “Yes, there are a ton of great Twitter Tools out there for you, but which ones should you pick?”
- Are you using LinkedIn? It is a great place to get connected with people and work on your business. Here is a post on how to improve your LinkedIn visibility.
Social Media Marketing
- 3 Types Of Essential Social Media Tools For Marketers – List of tools you should be using to enhance your social media existence.
- 6.186 words on becoming a Facebook machine – and it sure is. It overdelivers and you will be missing on a lot if you don’t read it.
- 4 Tips for Effective Facebook Community Management you should not neglect. More page managers should do this and get their pages and community straight.
- 5 social media mistakes you don’t want to make and look like an amateur.
- Everything you ever needed for Twitter – Most complete Twitter app list!
Search Engine Optimization
- The Ugly Truth Google Panda Exposed About Your Business – See how Panda (and every post Panda update) showed you your business wasn’t built right and what to do to fix it.
- How to improve your bounce rate – see how to determine which pages you should improve and how to do it.
- How to get dropped rankings back – how to audit your blog and fix things to get your rankings back.
- How to optimize 7 social media profiles – This will take you literally minutes to do but it can bring great benefits. Written by Kristi H. so you know it rocks. What are you waiting for?
- How to do SEO for competitive keywords is another detailed post to help you with your SEO.
- If you are neglecting Twitter as a link building and traffic generation tool, you should rethink your strategy and start using it more. Here is how you can build links with twitter (video).
- Link Magnetism explained as good as you can ever want it to be. I love these detailed posts filled with great info!
- Editorial links, the complete guide to getting the best quality links, directly from post content (like this one is).
- 7 Actions that Increase Blog Traffic by 25.3% - Know how to increase blog traffic? Check out the seven ways Steve used to increase blog readership.
- How and when to email your list – I mentioned reading this post in my last newsletter, it is a really great read which will give you a bigger and better perspective about your email list.
- Ways to bust the writers block – Great ideas you can use when you don’t know what to write about.
- Don’t recycle your content, upcycle it – Discussion on how recycling isn’t all you should be doing.
- How to learn copywriting – A list of great copywriting resources to help you make your copy better.
- How to write a book in 30 days – If you have been postponing the writing of your book for months because “you don’t have time now”, seems you only need 30 days to do it.
- This list is simply filled with ideas and I am sure you can use at least one to write an epic post this coming week – 52 types of blog posts that work.
- I love reviving old posts and it can be a hit if done right. I have done it several times already, and it brought new floods of traffic both times. Here are 9 tips to revive old posts.
- Here is what Lisa B. had to say about writing pitches, and I could not agree more with her on the ways to write better pitches.
- We all need some fresh blogging ideas, all the time. Pam Lawhorne made sure to keep them coming.
- 7 tips to make your blog more personal – we all know what kind of posts come from Lisa’s blog (only the best) so enjoy!
Make Money Online
- How to make money through blogging and writing – A list of great places where you can make some cash from your writing.
- Finding best selling products – How to find the best products to promote on your Amazon site.
- How to fire bad clients – Yes, sometimes you have to fire those you work for.
- I called this one a WOW post - Quick $1.000 in 30 days.
- The guide to getting more referrals and increasing the word of mouth.
- Steve runs a great blog but my favorite posts he writes are about affiliate marketing. This is another great one on the same topic – 45 ways to make more money with affiliate marketing.
- Becoming Self-Employed: The Foolproof Formula For Finding A Profitable Business Idea – even if you aren’t just starting, you should read this and maybe step up your strategies.
- Increase earnings by organizing your affiliate information - such an actionable post that will make your life easier. Includes the file you need to get started.
- I loved this guest post on Smart Passive Income, written by John Corcoran where he explains how to protect your blog’s assets.
- Sell More Products with Great E-mail Subject Lines by Jason Tweed will explain how to and how not to write your subject lines.
- Steve decided to help all of the list building addicts. He created a list of 23 A/B split tests to get more e-mail subscribers that you can run and evaluate.
Must Have Tools for Bloggers and Marketers
- 119 free internet marketing tools – Amazing list of tools you can use to build your online business, find images for sites, track your conversions and much more.
- 50 online tools to boost your blogging – There is something for everyone, productivity tools, time management tools, project management tools, writing tools, business tools and much more.
- A great list of 61 Free eBook Downloads for Mastering Your Internet Lifestyle Design.
- Niche analysis – The post is from ViperChill and Glen is explaining the topic in details.
- Guide To Keyword Research – Keyword Discovery – Keyword research should be the base of any online marketing campaign. The simple goal of keyword research is to find out what your target audience is searching, and what it will take to actually rank for those keywords and phrases.
- 6 laws every blogger should obey – If you’re a blogger, do you know how to stay on the right side of the law? Do you know what you need to do to keep the FTC from knocking on your door or to keep from getting a dreaded cease and desist letter?
- How to guest post on multiple blogs at the same time – Great idea about creating a video and then pitching it to blogs that accept guest posts.
- Small business video tips – Marcus is showing you how and why you should use videos for your business.
- Corbett knows his stuff and I strongly suggest not to miss 21 Quick Actions for Massive Blog Success.
- Some of these are seriously annoying, clean it up – 9 overused blog habits that look amateurish.
- Kristi always has great tips to share, but this post is one of my favorites on her blog – 4 Free Tools for Researching Guest Blogging and Advertising Opportunities.
WordPress, Themes and Plugins
- Increasing traffic with custom menus – Lisa wrote a very detailed post that made me have an AHA moment. It is so easy to miss things you would think of as basic. But she made it advanced and I can tell you – it is one helluva post. And if y ou want to know even more on this topic and everything about WordPress you may need to know, check her book WordPress for beginners.
- There is a great solution for those who need to constantly update their sites but are scared to do it live in case something breaks. I learned about it the hard way, but there is a solution – The best WordPress testing platform for Windows.
- 25 sites you can build using WordPress – honestly I had no idea you can do all this.
- Web based code editors – In case you want to code something and don’t have all the necessary software, here is a solution for you.