OK, I know this is going to look like I am a copy cat but I am starting a bi-weekly round up of the best posts I have read online.Yes, the idea was stolen/borrowed from NittyGriddy and Kikolani, but how can you blame me!
I have been reading so many blogs lately and I kinda wanna thank all those bloggers for giving me all the lessons for free. I know my links won’t bring much to them, lol, but still…
The main reason for the round up is listing posts I found useful, that you might have missed. That is why I don’t miss Ingrid’s and Kristi’s lists, there are always great posts I missed!
How am I going to do it differently?
First, my round up will happen on every other Saturday starting today.
Second, I will not separate posts into categories (sorry) because I am not sure I would do a good job!
What I am going to do here is tell you why exactly did I like the post and if there is something else specific about the blogger, blog or anything else I liked. I might make my own comments on the post or some observations.
I will call this Sweet Sunny Saturday. Because I love sweets and sun and they make me happy. These posts make me happy as a blogger. Hence the name
So let’s start (the posts are not listed by any order)
1. Lisa, Get a REAL Job! – I loved this post because it is something every blogger will encounter with, if they haven’t already. Lisa is making real money with her un-real job.
What people seem to forget (those that tell you to get a real job) is that you work much more on your blog than you would on a 9 to 5 job. I am at least. I know Tristan from Blogging Bookshelf is too. Blogging (especially if you want to make money from it) is harder work than I have ever seen (and trust me, my day job is something crazy and hard anyway).
2. While at Lisa’s blog, here is another great post, that you could call SEO 101 – Bad, Misleading SEO Info Spreading Like Wildfire. I started learning about SEO in the summer of 2009. I learned from Lisa a lot. I also learned enough to make my static website rank great in Google for some of the targeted keywords. So I am not a total idiot when it comes to SEO. That is why I loved this post.
In simple words, peeps, pay attention to important things! Stop trying to find shortcuts. There is no over night success because you manage to trick Search Engines.
3. The next post I liked was Kiesha’s 7 Signs You’re a Hacker & 5 Ways it Can Help Your Blog. It is a part of the series she is doing with three more bloggers. I liked this post because it looks like I am a hacker in a way, lol. Loved the way how she described hackers and even showed us the way to use it to make our blogs better.
4. How To Build A Subscriber List With Mobile Marketing – I love Elise’s blog and this post is really great. It is pretty long but worth a read. There is a great video there and Elise is doing a great job with those.
Why I loved this post? Well, this is the first time I have heard of a plugin WPtouch (download here) that optimizes your blog for mobile devices. So, I checked my blog on my Blackberry phone and it was hard to navigate through it. I installed the plugin and it was the best thing! My blog looks great on mobile devices now, and if you have one of those, check my blog out! Looks so mobile-device-friendly. Thanks, Elise.
5. Tristan is rocking and I could list all of his posts here. I chose one that I like the most out of them all, and it was hard to choose. After you read his post, make sure you snoop around his blog, what ever you run into, it will be great. So for this round up I chose How to Be an Organized Blogger and Get More Done!
I love this post because it is kinda an answer to a question of mine asked in a comment on another blog. So what is Tristan teaching us here? He does more for his readers than he has to. Do the same and your blog will grow! He is also teaching us how to organize better and I started applying some of his tips, trust me it is working already
6. Here is a blogger I learned a lot from lately. Mr Ben Wan is a master of connecting with people. He is proving so in his last post How Important is it to Connect with Real People Online?
Ben is great at connecting. I can’t even remember how we connected, was it Twitter or some blog but I am happy to call him my online friend. Not to mention the techie part he is always willing to help with! I crashed something in my computer last night, it affected my local version of WP, I messed some databases and who knows what else. Guess who replied to my e-mail cry for help straight away!
7. 7 has always been my favorite number. Not saying this is my favorite post but this number deserves something different, and this is something different for sure! Crap, I have Nothing to Post! by Ingrid Abboud.
I believe most of you know Ingrid. Her blog is the one that inspired me to do these round ups (and to do some other things in the future). Why I like this post? Because it is different, she is telling us that there is nothing to really worry about when it comes to being late with a post and she still wrote one, lol.
8. Did you really think that I would forget Patricia? She is making her blog rock. She is also a great example of a person that connects great. And I believe she and Ingrid are queens of long comments (which I hope to extract from both of them here, lol). Are You Lurking Behind The Lavender Bush? is a post that baffled me. I read it and went “Whaaaaaat?”
I had no idea about these lurkers and I sure hope I have none here. If you are a lurker and reading this post, you better leave a comment So I guess you can always smell the lavender and learn something along the way.
9. This one is a must read! Blogging Lessons we can learn from the Romans is great and funny.
I loved it because I love Romans. Then I had to love it to save my village from being burned to the ground. Oh, and I learned that John, the guy that let Severus do the guest post is a really cool guy that you can connect with.
10. Steve’s post 42 Internet Lifestyle Success Habits to Develop in 2011 is not one of those “my goals for 2011″ that seem to started getting on everyone’s nerves (according to tweets I saw).
Why I liked it? Because even with my ADD kicking in, I can find at least one thing to do and improve myself. 42 points made here are just too good to be missed. Also, don’t miss on Steve’s Income Trilogy free e-book.
11. I love posts that show me tools to do stuff. Here is one of those from our friendly blogger Lisa, The Fastest Way To Turn Any Blog Post Into An Article.
I liked the post because it was the first time I’ve heard about the plugin. I love Ezine articles and I am using it to get traffic to my static website. I must admit that I still didn’t get around to use this tip she gave us on this blog, but it is one of the things on my to-do list.
12. My plan for recent future is to create a list. I hate sales pitches so I am not going to do that. But I do want to connect more and I think I can do it even better through the list. So, since I have no idea (yet) how all that works I was a little bit hesitant of paying for Aweber. I found a great start point and it is MailChimp. After reading Sire’s post, I was sure I made the right decision: Why I Chose MailChimp Over Aweber.
13. 14 Facebook Applications to Encourage Fans Engagement in 2011 (I guess I should have put this post under no. 14, lol). This post is full of apps we must use this year. I will, at least. I use Facebook a lot, personally, and I want to use it much more to communicate with my online friends. So I hope to get more fans on my FB Fan page and interact with them as much as I do on this blog.
14. This was a really interesting read and a must know. How to Effectively Recycle Old Blog Posts is something I believe everyone can learn from.
I liked this post because I am looking how I will use it in the long run. I do plan to edit and repost some posts one day. There are some posts that will always be interesting and updating them with additional useful info is what can bring you more visitors. Also, it will show people that you care about what they read on your blog.
If you want to be informed about every single great article I read, you should follow me on Twitter. I always tweet the best reads.